DOG FRIENDLY – Crooked Cottage is the only pet friendly accommodation at Tomjachu, and one of the few pet friendly accommodation in Nelspruit. Situated in its own valley far from the main Lodge, with wonderful bushveld mountain views, it offers complete privacy and seclusion for you and your furry friends.
The cottage has two bedrooms, with a comfortable open plan lounge and fully equipped kitchen with dining bar counter. The covered veranda, with its soft seating, dining table and braai, looks out over the garden and bushveld views, and there is a cosy firepit under the shade of the coral trees. The extensive grass garden is fully fenced for your four-pawed pals to play around in safely, and the cottage comes with doggy water bowls, a dog mattress, and dog leads in case you forget yours at home.
The cottage has access to 4.5 km of pet-friendly hiking trails where you can walk with your dogs amongst wonderful mountain views and plains game, before meandering home for a glass of wine around the fire. Guests also have access to a further 15km of hiking trails on the property.
Whether with pets or without, Crooked cottage is a comfortable remote breakaway accommodation for you and your family, or with a small group of friends. As it is a remote cottage the road can be a bit rough, so we recommend bringing a high clearance vehicle.
*Pets by prior arrangement only.
Pet Friendly Rules
Tomjachu is a nature conservancy, home to many species of wild animals. We request that you adhere strictly to the following rules when staying with us to ensure your safety and comfort, as well as that of our other guests and our wildlife.
On the reserve
- Pets must be kept on a lead at all times on lodge property, unless at the cottage
- Pets can only be walked on the pet friendly trail (marked with a paw print). Pets are not permitted on non-pet friendly trails.
- Please respect the space of the animals on the reserve. We have large animals such as giraffe, wildebeest and ostrich. If you come across any animals on the trail please allow them to move away before proceeding or turn back on the trail. Do not shout or try to chase them off, as this may make them feel threatened. Remember, a dog is a predator in their eyes, and this is their territory!
- There is no swimming allowed in any of the dams (pets or humans!). This is for your own safety as some dams are deep and have underwater snags which are not visible from the surface and pose a significant drowning risk.
- Please clean up after your pet on the trails – there is a poop scoop available for your use and a bin outside the cottage
At the Cottage
- Maximum 2 pets in the cottage
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds
- Please do not leave your pets unattended in the cottage
- Pets are not allowed in the restaurant or pool areas of the Homestead or other accommodations
- Please clean up after your pet in the garden – there is a poop scoop available for your use and a bin outside
- Any disturbances such as barking must please be curtailed to ensure other guests are not disturbed
- Please contact reception to arrange for a convenient time to service the cottage. If your pets are not friendly to strangers, they must be kept outside or taken for a walk whilst housekeeping is at work
- We reserve the right to charge your account commensurate to the cost of any damages. Guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless Tomjachu, its owners and its operator from all liability and damage suffered as a result of the guest’s pet