COVID-19 POLICY ANNEXURE
Tomjachu Bush Retreat is committed to providing guests with flexibility and security for as long as COVID-19 remains classified as a pandemic. This annexure will lapse once the COVID 19 status is amended to endemic.
This Annexure replaces any previous releases and is applicable from 01 July 2022.
Once this Annexure lapses, any booking yet to travel or made under the terms of this Annexure are subject to Tomjachu Bush Retreat’s standard terms and conditions.
To provide our guests and partners increased flexibility we are offering the following for new bookings:
Cancellation of a confirmed independent traveller/s reservation for the named COVID-19 reasons listed below, is subject to the following:
|From Confirmation up to the day prior to arrival:||Credit to the value of monies paid for future travel to Tomjachu Bush Retreat|
|From day of arrival and/or cancellation during travel||50% credit for any unused nights for future travel to Tomjachu Bush Retreat|
- These terms exclude all groups (10 or more guests) unless otherwise negotiated and agreed. Unless otherwise agreed Tomjachu Bush Retreat’s standard terms and conditions will apply for group bookings.
- These terms specifically relate to Tomjachu Bush Retreat owned and operated services only.
- Due to the fluidity of the global situation, Tomjachu Bush Retreat requests that bookings made under these terms and conditions delay making any decisions until 7 days prior to travel concerning postponement, or cancellation. Requests for consideration outside of 7 days are at Tomjachu Bush Retreat’s discretion.
- Notifications to defer or cancel should be sent to &BEYONDin writing. This notification must be received no later than 7 days from travel.
- Tomjachu Bush Retreat reserves the right to recover any costs it incurred in preparation for the guests arrival should notification be received between 14 days and date of arrival where:
- There has been no change to either the outbound or inbound travel restrictions;
- The traveller has not tested positive for COVID-19 and is within 14 days of travel
Cancellation of a booking with no penalty only applies where one or more of the following named COVID-19 reasons for cancellation impacts travel:
- The government of the guest’s country of residence restricts all but essential travel or enforces a mandatory quarantine stay at a government specified site at the guest’s cost on return from the destinations the guests are travelling to.
- The destination/s the guests are travelling to are under official government imposed lock-down which prohibits guests from traveling;
- If the government of the destination/s in which the &BEYONDlodges or camps are located has declared that no visas will be issued to travellers from the guest’s country of residence;
- The destination/s have no formal lock-down but have closed their border either to international travellers or to travellers from the guest’s country of residence;
- No alternative routing available to reach the destination/s in the itinerary;
- The guest has contracted COVID-19 and is under treatment or is in quarantine for COVID-19 within 72 hours of travel.
- Any reason for cancellation not listed above may be construed as disinclination to travel and Tomjachu Bush Retreat’s standard cancellation terms and conditions will apply.
- Tomjachu Bush Retreat reserves the right to ask for any reasonable evidence, written statements and/or supporting documents.
EXISTING BOOKINGS THAT WOULD LIKE TO POSTPONE TRAVEL TO A FUTURE DATE
In order to accommodate this recognised Force Majeure event and the resulting varying worldwide travel restrictions, guests may elect to postpone their travel for up to a year after the travel date, 60 days prior to travel, and carry forward up to 100% of the booking’s value* to the future booking. If the Force Majeure event is still impacting on travel at the time of the postponed booking’s new travel dates, guests will be able to postpone their travels for a further year.
Bookings seeking to defer from 2022 into 2023 will be re-costed at the appropriate 2023 published rates using the relevant published rates and offers where applicable.
Should a guest elect to cancel a confirmed booking then Tomjachu Bush Retreat will charge in line with Tomjachu Bush Retreat’s standard terms & conditions.
Notifications to defer or cancel should be sent in writing. This notification must be received no later than 7 days from travel.
- At the time of deferment, Tomjachu Bush Retreat will clearly communicate what costs are not recoverable and deduct those from the future booking credit.
- We continue to engage with our partners to align with the terms as set out above but our partners do so at their sole discretion.
- If you are considering postponing an existing booking to 2023 please contact us or your travel specialist to enquire about potential rate changes before making a decision to defer.
- Should the future booking be for travel in a different season, or availability of services means that the costs of the logistics, activities, or accommodation has increased, those price changes will be passed on to the guest.
- Applied Special Offers on the original reservation will not be applicable on the deferred reservation.
We highly recommend that guests take out comprehensive travel insurance, including “cancel for any reason” and “COVID Cover” to ensure any funds which may be lost can be recovered. There are many travel insurance providers that are able to cover some or all COVID-19 related reasons for cancelation.
Unless otherwise specified:
- Our partner properties and service providers’ terms and conditions, and how they are applied to a booking, remains at that partner’s sole discretion.
Any variations from the above terms and conditions are at Tomjachu Bush Retreat’s discretion and Tomjachu Bush Retreat reserves the right to amend or withdraw the terms and conditions without prior notice.
COVID-19 DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Guest safety is of paramount importance to us. We have implemented various COVID-19 related safety measures, processes and procedures (“Infectious Diseases: Health and Safety Protocol”) at Tomjachu Bush Retreat to ensure we create an environment that is both safe and hygienic when you stay with us, which protocol was developed by taking guidance from guidelines and hygiene policies prescribed and published by the South African National Department of Health.
We cannot confirm the standard to which Third Party Service Providers protocols adhere to and as such we cannot accept any form of liability (in the broadest terms) should you (or any member of your party) contract an infectious disease (including COVID-19) when using the services of a Third Party Service Provider. The same will apply in respect of public areas (i.e. landmarks, public venues, sightseeing venues, etc.) which you may wish to visit whilst staying at Tomjachu Bush Retreat as we do not have any control over health and safety protocols followed at public areas or any action(s) of a member of the public which may cause an infection of an infectious disease.